GhanaCNN.com takes critical highlights of the initiatives by Former President John Agyekum Kuffour also called JAK by some Ghanaians and it is our focus to accumulate or look at some of his policies and achievements.
- Abolished criminal libel law
- No Submitted to the African Peer Review Mechanism
- Supported peacekeeping and reconciliation across Africa
- Approved E-Governance Program
- Improved Procurement Act
- Introduced transparency bills such as; Whistleblower bill
- Increased procurement especially for armed forces
- Good governance increased from “partially free” to “free” (Freedom House)
Equality between men and women
- Established the Ministry of Women and Child Affairs
- Introduced domestic violence law
- Increased freedom of the press in Ghana; ranked #31 for a free press by Reporters Without Borders.
- Globally increased international influence participated in a number of G8 meetings.
- Registered 11 million people under the National Health Insurance Scheme period
- Set up a National Ambulance Service ▪ Comprehensive health care for 6 million children
- Constructed 205 hospitals and health and free medical care for pregnant women clinics
- Introduced Capitation Grant for school children; Provided about $2 per child for cultural, sports, and development fees
- Introduced a School Feeding Program (SFP); 500,000 children currently being fed in 10 regions
- Introduced the Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty Program (LEAP); provides direct cash transfers to poor households.
- Introduced the Metro Mass Transport to provide reliable and affordable public transportation
- Facilitated the sponsorship of the Black Stars by Tarkwa Goldfields
- Instituted “Bonus” scheme for the Black Stars
- Built two new sports stadia in Tamale and Takoradi and upgraded those in Kumasi and Accra to all-seat standards
- Created training pitches in a selected number in Senior High Schools
- The number of health workers doubled over a 7-year period
- Comprehensive health care for 6 million children and free medical care for pregnant women
- Improved primary school enrolment ratio from 2000 to 2005, reaching 90% for boys and 87% for girls
- The attendance ratio for the same period was above 60% for both groups
Other Social Policies
- Increased the likelihood of holding savings by 11 percentage points
- Among primary aged children, LEAP reduced absenteeism by 10 percentage points.
- Ghana for the first time qualified for FIFA World Cup in 2006 and made it to the 2nd round
- Ghana for the first time solely hosted the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and placed third in the competition
- Hearts of Oak won the maiden Confederation Cup in 2004 in an all-Ghana final, against Kumasi Asante Kotoko.
- Participated in the World Bank/ IMF HIPC Initiative
- Signed the Millennium Challenge Corporation, providing $547m for antipoverty programs
- Introduced a new 3-year inflation-indexed bond
- Introduced targeted industrial and agricultural policies to support industry and agriculture.
- Constructed over 25000km of roads
- Increased minimum wage from US$0.60 to $2.25
- Successfully redenominated the Cedi, the Ghanaian currency
- Discovery of oil in commercial quantity
- Launched the US$50million Microfinance and Small Loans (MASLOC) fund
5 Popular Nicknames Of Kennedy Agyapong
Controversial Member of Parliament for Assin Central Constituency on the ticket of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kennedy Agyapong is one of the most outspoken politicians we have in the country.
Ken Agyapong as also called has been in the news for all the controversial reasons as he descends on popular cleric in a beef.
Popular clerics like Angel Kwadwo Obinim, Prophet Nigel Gaisie among others have all been ‘lashed’ by this loudmouth personality in what he described as an expose of fake pastors.
Some popular nicknames captured by GhanaCNN.com of Kennedy Agyapong includes:
- Gyata Ba Kenpong
- Kasapreko Agyapong
- Ohene Ba Agyapong
- Obiba K.A
10 Powerful Plants That Can Naturally Drive Mosquitoes Away
Forget about toxic repellents that can put your family’s health in danger. We discovered that plants and flowers don’t just clean the air and help you fall asleep, but they can also repel bugs and mosquitoes from your house.
Some of them have a strong scent, and others have a chemical compound that only bugs can smell, but all of them are beautiful and can be both decorative and beneficial to us.
We investigated what plants can be used for repellent purposes so you can add them to your next shopping list.
Chrysanthemums not only have beautiful flowers, but they also serve as a great bug repellent. They produce a substance called pyrethrin, which insects don’t like. You can either plant your Chrysanthemum next to other plants as a form of pest control or pluck its flowers, adding them to hot water to sprinkle on clothes or surfaces to repel mosquitoes.
Mint is often used for culinary purposes, but it can also do wonders when it comes to deterring ants from coming into your home. Just sprinkle some mint wherever you find ants and watch them go away. The strong scent this plant gives off will repel any undesirable bugs. Peppermint essential oil also works.
Lavender contains a compound called linalool that is a well-known flea, fruit fly, and cockroach insecticide. You can grab a handful of lavender leaves, put them in a spray bottle filled with water, and sprinkle it onto your skin and furniture.
While cats may love catnip, mosquitoes hate it. This plant exhales nepetalactone that has highly effective repellent power. Just leave your catnip in your garden or inside your home and witness the effects.
Bergamot, also known as Bee Balm, attracts hummingbirds and bees, but its roots also have an important role as a pesticide. They contain thymol, which can keep subterranean pests away.
Sage has a natural compound called caryophyllene that can repel mosquitoes and bugs. It’s better activated while hot, so you can throw a few branches of this herb into a fire and watch the insects say goodbye.
Whether it’s for cooking or decorating, having a rosemary plant in your home is always a good idea. And to get even more out of it, its flowers have the power to repel any mosquitos in your path. Just add one cup of dried rosemary to a quart of water, boil it, let it cool down, and put the mixture into a spray bottle. You can apply it directly to your skin or pets.
Lemon balm has a good smell thanks to the citronellal compound it has — but bugs don’t like this aroma very much. Crush its leaves so the scent can become stronger, then rub them onto your skin to repel mosquitoes and bugs.
If you grow tomatoes or cabbages in your garden, borages can be your best friend. You can put them next to your vegetable plants, as they can repel harmful insects and hornworms.
Like chrysanthemums, marigolds also have pyrethrin in them and can be used for repellent purposes. Blend a handful of marigolds and water and let the mixture rest for 2 days in a dark, cool place, shaking it occasionally. After that, use a dishcloth to strain it and get the liquid out of it. Put the liquid in a spray bottle and it’s ready to use.
6 Popular Nicknames Of John Agyekum Kufour
Former President John Agyekyum Kufour as a results of his good works also Chairperson of the African Union from 2007 to 2008.
Contemporary, he is the best president to have ever ruled Ghana in recent times, and other presidents who came after his reign were forced to run to him for leadership skills.
As a proud Ashanti, Former President John Agyekum Kufour was called ‘ose ade3 y)’ which means someones who promises and delivers.
Some of his nicknames include:
- Gentle JAK
- The Humble One
- Father For All
- Sexy Eyes
Features6 months ago
Good News:All Government Workers To Receive A 25% Salary Increment By January 2021
Politics4 months ago
Politics Was The Last Thing I Ever Dreamed Of – Muntaka confesses
Entertainment6 months ago
Ghana CNN Exclusive: Kumawood and Ghallywood Best Movies of 2020
Sports6 months ago
Legon Cities’ Striker ‘Baby Jet’ Asamoah Gyan Injured
News4 months ago
Newspaper Front Pages Wednesday, 24th February 2021
Sports6 months ago
Robert Lewandowski and Lucy Bronze Crowned Best FIFA Footballer Award Winners
Entertainment3 months ago
Entertainment Prefect Of A Popular Nursing Training College Arrested Over Twerking Competition For 1st Years
Politics6 months ago
“Are You Sensible…?” – NPP’s Abronye DC Heavily Blast Ghanaians For Voting ‘Skirt and Blouse’