Connect with us

News

FIFA Officially Bans Chad From All Football Activities For Life

Published

on

FIFA Officially Bans Chad From All Football Activities For Life

Global football governing body, FIFA has banned Chad from football until further notice. The decision was taken by the Bureau of the Fifa Council on Wednesday and takes effect immediately.

Note that in December 2020, Fifa had rejected a request from the country’s ministry of sports to dissolve the Chadian Football Federation.

On March 10, the minister for youth and sports released a statement to prevent the Chadian Football Association, FTFA, from performing its obligatory duties due to a dispute between both parties.

CAF then disqualified Chad from the Africa Cup of Nations qualification race, just a few days prior to their fixtures against Namibia and Mali, following the sport Minister’s actions. FIFA has now waded in, banning the country henceforth.

FIFA says the ban was as a result of government interference in the football operations of the African country but announced that the suspension will be reversed as soon as the relevant government decisions have been revoked.

“The Bureau of the Fifa Council decided to suspend the Chadian Football Association (FTFA) with immediate effect due to government interference,” a statement from the Fifa website read.

“The suspension was prompted by the recent decisions of Chadian government authorities to permanently withdraw the powers delegated to the FTFA, establish a national committee for the temporary management of football and seize control of the FTFA’s premises.

“The suspension will be lifted once the relevant government decisions have been repealed and the FTFA and its management, led by president Moctar Mahamoud Hamid, have confirmed to Fifa that the FTFA premises are again under its control.”

Source: www.GhanaCNN.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Major News Headlines This Tuesday Evening, 18th May 2021

Published

on

‘Doctor Just Confirmed My Daughter Did Not Commit Suicide’- Leticia’s Mother Reveals With Evidence

A 14-year-old final year student of Miracle Junior High School at Sunyani in the Bono Region, Leticia Kyere Pinaman, is believed to have died by suicide.

She is suspected to have hung herself on Monday evening at the school’s dining hall.

It is not yet clear what might have accounted for the incident.

The 31-year-old talks about his form this season for both club and country.

Ghana captain Andre Ayew believes his stay in the English second-tier with Swansea City is not in any way an indication of his quality.

The 31-year-old has been in fine form in the Championship this season, having so far racked up 17 goals in 44 total (play-off inclusive) outings.

On Monday, he made all the difference when the Jack Army faced Barnsley in the promotion play-off first leg where his first-half goal ensured a 1-0 win.

“Some people will say maybe my career has dwindled because I’m playing in the championship and let me say there were offers to go and play in the Premier and I could have jumped at the first offer that came in, but no,” Ayew, who was highly linked to Premier League side West Bromwich Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion in summer last year, told BBC Sport Africa.

The immediate past Ashanti Regional Security Coordinator, Mr Kwaku Ayesu Opare-Addo, who is a retired Deputy Commissioner of Police has been advised to proceed to court if he was unhappy with his removal from office and the circumstances surrounding it.

The Ashanti Regional Minister, Mr Simon Osei Mensah who gave the advise also urged Mr Opare-Addo to desist from the media utterances in relation to the matter.

To him, Mr Opare-Addo distinguished himself whilst in office and therefore the media utterances he was currently engaged in was likely to erode the good works he did.

In a radio interview monitored by Graphic Online on Accra based Okay FM Tuesday morning, Mr Osei Mensah said Mr Opare-Addo tried to ignore the notice to him to vacate the office.

Seasoned Journalist, Kwesi Pratt Jnr. has called on government to put all mining activities in Ghana on hold for half a year.

A joint team of Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Navy and Ghana Air Forces have commenced an operation dubbed ‘Operation Halt’ aimed at ending galamsey.

Their operation has been sanctioned by the Lands and Natural Resources Minister, Samuel Abu Jinapor and Defence Minister, Dominic Nitiwul.

Source: www.GhanaCNN.com

Continue Reading

News

Sad Video: A Beautiful16-Year Old Girl Found Hanging Dead At School Dining Hall – Mother Alleges Murder

Published

on

‘Doctor Just Confirmed My Daughter Did Not Commit Suicide’- Leticia’s Mother Reveals With Evidence

The untimely death of Leticia Kyere Pinamang, a 16-year-old student at Miracle Senior High School in Sunyani, Bono Region, has shocked the community.

The young girl was discovered hanged in the school’s dining hall.

There was also a note found on the deceased’s body that read, “there is so much sorrow and pain in my heart.”

Some of the students who spoke to reporters stated that their colleague had been moody all day but they had no idea what was wrong with her.

However, in a video circulating online, a woman believed to be the deceased’s mother claims that the deceased was murdered and hanged to cover up the crime.

Take a look at the video below…………..

 

Source: www.GhanaCNN.com

Continue Reading

News

You Are Part Of Those Who Destroying Our Party,Abronye DC Exposes Top NPP Official Over Galamsey Sagga

Published

on

You Are Destroying Our Party,Abronye DC Exposes Top NPP Official Over Galamsey Sagga

Kwame Baffoe, Bono Region Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and popularly known as Abronye, has accused the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation at the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources of being involved in illegal mining.

The Ghanaian government is currently fighting illegal mining in the country in order to protect the country’s forest reserves and water bodies, which have been destroyed as a result of illegal mining.

Speaking on Kumasi-based Wontumi FM, Abronye indicated that the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation at the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources is engaged in the act which the government is fighting so hard to end.

He indicated that his concession is at the Adamso Forest at Obuasi.

What beats his imagination is the fact that he does not only engage in mining but also chops down the trees in the forest and sell them.

“The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources’ Head of Monitoring and Evaluation is deeply involved in galamsey. A ministry fighting galamsey includes monitoring and evaluation in the act they are fighting. He does the galamsey with some big man in Obuasi’s Adamso forest.”

Abronye stated that the big man working with the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation is a New Patriotic Party National Executive and that he will expose those who are sabotaging the President’s work.

Source: www.GhanaCNN.com

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Contact Ghana CNN before you can copy