Connect with us

News

You Are A Devil I Won’t Take You Serious-Mahama Slaps Chairman Wontumi

Published

on

Alfred Mahama, the elder brother of former President John Dramani Mahama has said he won’t respond to the baseless allegations of the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Bernard Antwi-Boasiako popularly called Chairman Wontumi that he (Alfred Mahama) wanted to kill him (Chairman Wontumi) prior to election 2020.

Chairman Wontumi has alleged that prior to the 2020 elections, the NDC wanted to end his life and the task was given to Mr Alfred Mahama.

The vociferous Ashanti Regional Chairman of the NPP alleged that he has a friend in the NDC whose name he gave as Habib and that one day while in his car with Habib, he received a call and because Habib was comfortable to receive the call on the loudspeaker and the person who called was Alfred Mahama who was alerting Habib that some thugs have been sent from Tamale to Kumasi to execute their plan of killing Chairman Wontumi so there was the need for Habib to coordinate so the plan is executed.

But the soft-spoken businessman, Alfred Mahama when reached by Bole based Nkilgi FM to respond to the allegation of Chairman Wontumi simply said; “don’t give it oxygen; I don’t take him serious”.

READ ALSO  Major News Headlines This Tuesday Evening, 6th April 2021

The same Ashanti Regional NPP, Bernard Antwi-Boasiako in July 2020 described former President John Dramani Mahama’s brother, Alfred Mahama as an “ungrateful” person for speaking against him when he had ‘fed’ him before.

Chairman Wontumi speaking on his Radio station Wontumi Fm in Kumasi said; “You (Alfred Mahama) didn’t have a car when your brother was President. I used to feed you. I have fed you before and you want to talk bad about me?”

READ ALSO  I Took Over A Broken Economy From Mahama and Fixed it To His Surprise – Presz Akufo Addo Mocks Mahama

But Businessman and Elder Brother of former President John Dramani Mahama, Mr Alfred Mahama has described Chairman Wontumi’s comments that he had ‘fed’ him before as lies.

Speaking to Bole based Nkilgi FM on 16th July, 2020, Mr Alfred Mahama said he has stopped engaging “people who don’t think before talking” and so he has ended the back and forth argument with Wontumi.

But Mr Alfred Mahama stated that; “He (Wuntumi) never fed me when my brother was President and in any case is he still feeding me now that my brother is no longer President of Ghana?”.

READ ALSO  11-Year-Old Girl Releases Tall List Of Men She Has Slept With And The Number Of Times

Mr Alfred Mahama said; “You people already know me with cars. I had a Landcrusher and discovery Landrover…to him cars are important. We have seen cars since childhood”.

Mr Mahama also asked; “what did he feed me with?”

Source: www.GhanaCNN.com

Click to comment

Leave a Comment

News

SIM Card Re-Registration – Blocking Of Unregistered SIM Cards Postponed, Final Decision Next Week

Published

on


The intended exercise to block all unregistered SIM cards effective tomorrow, Saturday, October 1st 2022, has been postponed.

According to new reports, a final decision on the next steps to be taken by the National Communication Authority (NCA) and the Ministry of Communications will be communicated to the public next week.

According to sources, a roadmap for the intended sim card blocking exercise is being drawn up and would be finalised by next week.

READ ALSO  EC Has Shown Its Biases Against the NDC; Kwesi Pratt 'Fight' For Opposition Party -See Message To The Commission

Under the new modalities, the punitive measures introduced earlier in September which were later scrapped would be brought back.

According to Graphic Online citing sources close to the decision-makers, subscribers who have done stage one (linked their Ghana Cards to their SIM cards via *404#) will have up to the end of the year to complete stage two of their registration.

READ ALSO  Mahama Spent Ghana's Money On Tracey Boakye While Akufo Addo Is Spending His On Private Jets - Twene Jonas Boldly Speaks

Meanwhile, those who have not registered their SIMs at all, will be blocked from receiving calls, making calls, using data services, among other things.

Those blocked will however, be able to access *404# to start their registration, and also be able to receive their Unique codes via SMS.

Source: theGhanaianVoice.Com



Source link

Continue Reading

News

$100m Crude Revenue Was Used To Pay GNPC Loan – Samuel Atta-Akyea

Published

on


The Chairman of the Mines and Energy Commission of Parliament, Samuel Atta Akyea, has debunked claims by the minority that $100m oil revenue has gone missing from the Petroleum Holding Fund (PHF).

According to him, the funds were used to settle upfront, a loan taken from the Ministry of Finance by GNPC Subsidiaries which was used to purchase shares in the TEN and Jubilee oil fields on behalf of the state.

Atta Akyea said there might have been an administrative error in not placing the money in the fund before being used but there can be no doubt that the money was used to engage in activities which will inure to the benefit of the state.

“Well, I think it’s a storm in a teacup because sometimes the impression is being given that the money has been spirited away. There was an opinion from the attorney general to the effect that they needn’t place the money in that account for the simple reason that there’s a seven-per cent equity acquisition in the TEN and Jubilee fields by GNPC Subsidiary and they didn’t have the money so the ministry of finance borrowed them the money so they do this acquisition; they are trying to improve the governmental stakes in these petroleum blocks,” Atta Akyea said.

READ ALSO  Finance Minster Ofori-Atta Must Resign -Former NPP General Secretary Boldly Speaks The Hard Truth

“When they [GNPC Subsidiaries] took the loan, they were unable to pay, so, they used the petroleum receipts due them to settle it, so, the ministry of finance took the money and paid for the loan upfront”, Mr Atta Akyea explained.

“The whole problem is simple: that the sheer fact that the money was not lodged in the PHF does not mean the money has been spirited away or stolen. … It’s all a balancing account but when push it to the political dimension that some money has been spirited away, it leaves much to be desired.

“The sum of money, if you look at it, is equal to the seven per cent equity stake that the government, through GNPC Subsidiary has acquired. Let’s look at it from that perspective. So, when somebody is using his ingenuity to confer advantage and benefit to Ghana, ultimately, how can that be a problem? And if the money was not so lodged in the PHF but it is shown that, indeed, the shares have been acquired, and the shares have been paid for, how can that be anything to undermine this country, financially?” he wondered.

READ ALSO  Major News Headlines This Tuesday Evening, 6th April 2021

The minority in Parliament accused the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government of engaging in a new clandestine ‘Agyapa deal’.

According to a statement dated September 29th, 2022, the NPP government has failed to account for $100m of oil revenue accruing from Ghana’s Petroleum lifting in the first quarter of 2022.

According to the Minority, the decision by the NPP Government to transfer revenues accruing from about 944,164bbls of crude lifting in the Jubilee and TEN fields to a company established in a haven (outside Ghana) without Parliamentary approval, amounts to a gross violation of the Petroleum Revenue Management Act, 2011 (Act 815) and Public Financial Management Act (Act 921).

READ ALSO  Court Orders EC To Produce Original Documents On Techiman South Parliamentary Results

The statement signed by John Abdulai Jinapor, Ranking Member on the Mines and Energy Committee of Parliament, said that the NPP government has proven over and over again that they cannot be entrusted with the country’s oil revenues.

Source: theGhanaianVoice.Com



Source link

Continue Reading

News

E-Levy To Be Reviewed As Proceeds Woefully Below Expectations – Ken Ofori-Atta

Published

on


The Minister of Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta, has revealed that the electronic transaction (e) levy is set to be reviewed as the proceeds so far are woefully inadequate.

Speaking during an interview, Ofori-Atta said the levy has so far failed to raise even 10% of Ghc 600m monthly figure that the government projected it to raise.

Ergo, Ken Ofori-Atta said the government will soon review the programme and also take measures to increase the number of Ghanaians who are compliant with the tax.

READ ALSO  I Took Over A Broken Economy From Mahama and Fixed it To His Surprise – Presz Akufo Addo Mocks Mahama

He said the review is part of measures to increase domestic revenue mobilisation.

“Such exercises form part of an ongoing drive to ensure we take significant steps forward in remedying long-standing challenges with domestic revenue mobilization, indiscipline, corruption and leakages,” Ofori-Atta said.

“Of course, heightened tax compliance and increased tax audit exercises will continue to be complemented by policy initiatives that allow us to tap into a wider pool of taxpayers in the years ahead. Towards this therefore we are looking at areas around the E-Levy to ensure its efficient implementation,” he added.

READ ALSO  Tens Of Millions Of Americans Could Lose Benefits ‘Overnight’ If US Defaults This Month - White House Warns

Currently, Ghanaians are paying 1.5% of the value of any electronic transaction above Ghc 100 to the government, the controversial e-levy.

Recently, Ghanaians have complained that the tax is being charged even on transactions below Ghc 100.

Source: theGhanainVoice.Com

 



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: